Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mamma Mia



I Got my birthday present from my husband a few weeks ago .... I know, I know my birthday isn't until next weekend but it's tradition...I always get it early. He bought me a Kitchen Aid mixer and for the last 2 weeks I have been making cupcakes and sending them to work with Greg.
This week we decided to try pasta and...wa-la chicken and noodles just like my mother used to make. This thing is the best thing since sliced bread,Wait a minute it probably does slice bread. It has this nifty attachment that mixes and then rolls out the dough to just the right thickness and then has another attachment that cuts the pasta just the way you ask it to. Last week I made Tanyas famous Chicken pot pie with the best pie crust ever. I love my new present! How did mom ever live Without one of these? Next week .....Harvey Wallbanger cupcakes with orange butter cream frosting and a sweet orange slice on top ...look for me to be on cup cake wars next ...I am armed and ready to to go!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - cupcaaaaaaaakes! What a wonderful husband you have - your chicken and noodles is making me hungry for some, but I have to wait for a little cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so dang jealous I can't stand it! I have been trying to win one of these on the pioneer woman website she gives them away constantly! I guess I will have to wait for christmas! I can't wait to try your cupcakes again, the twinkie ones were fabulous and I am not a sweet eater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing I enjoy more than home made noodles. I want some. We have the attachments somewhere from about the late 80's but God only knows knows where they are! Have fun and teach me how to make chicken and dumplings.

    ReplyDelete