Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Earth Day

Every year I make sure not to plan any classes on Earth Day because I look forward to going to see the special "Earth Day" movies that Disney puts out that are shown on Earth Day. Up until this year they have been so great, full of information and very uplifting...kinda feel good movies. It's a day that I take just for myself, no work, no stress  only a relaxing La-Dee-Dah Day. This year I was a little bummed out because Disney didn't get the movie together in time so they are holding it for next year. So here I am with no special day & no movie, instead I made an appointment to get my annual mammogram done (fun fun fun) and then I decided to go to the hospital to see my friend Carol (she has been moved way the heck out south on Lake Meade just past Warm Springs to a place called Clearview). I spent about 2 hours with her just filling her in on what everyone is up to and what is going on in the Jodi Aries trial and then gave her the foot massage I do for her each time I visit. So I leave there and head home and because I started my morning so darn early it was only 11 when I got back home. I told Greg I was missing the Earth Day Movie so we decided to go see a movie at the New Henderson Galaxy theater. We decided on the new Tom Cruise movie Oblivion and as it turned out was a movie about saving our planet Earth ...whaaaa? how the heck can that be? It was no Disney movie but it was such a nice place to see a movie I didn't really mind that it was a "Man Movie". The screen is HUGE and all the seats are recliners so no more moving when someone comes to the movies late and....you get to pick your seats and they are assigned to you so you don't have to go early to find a good seat. I highly recommend going to see a movie there,  if you go in the evening you might just want to have a glass of wine with that popcorn...yup they serve it up there too.

2 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I might fall asleep in those chairs! Looks like a mighty fine place for a movie, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to a movie where we got wine and beer service, that was so cool! We went to see Oblivion on Friday night, it was a good movie, I like tom cruise as an actor, he is really good. As a nromal person, not so much...
    I told charlie we need to try out that theater, but he said he would fall asleep in those chairs too!!

    ReplyDelete