Friday, July 22, 2011


This post goes out to Ed a dear friend of mine.  I am lucky to be able to call Ed my mentor, my inspiration and my friend.
I met Ed several years ago when I was just getting into lapidary work through the Rock and Gem society here in Las Vegas. He has a full shop at his house and my very first experience with rock cutting and polishing was with him. Ed is the most generous, patience teacher I have ever had. He has more than 50 years experience in the  lapidary field and shares it all unconditionally.
Ed recently took a fall at his house and broke a hip and is now recovering in The Henderson Heathcare Center and making progress every day. I went for a visit and to my surprise he grew a beard and his hair long, the story goes his daughter wanted to see how he would look with a beard ... but Ed went all out for her, I almost didn't recognize him. I had a nice visit with him and he said he was anxious to get out of bed and home where he belongs. Take care of yourself Ed, work hard in therapy and try not to flirt with the nurses too much.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing sweet Ed a speedy recovery - what a special man he is! I had the best times over in his workshop, learning to cut and polish rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! He doesn't look like the same person - I wish him fast recovery and to gain weight 'cause he looks so frail! I have always enjoyed going over and learning all that I did, thanks to you! He is a special man! Give him my love!

    ReplyDelete