Monday, July 11, 2011

Oh Mandy....



 I know I am going to date myself but do you remember Barry Manilow back in the 70's? he looked looked like such a geeky kid didn't he? I was in high school  and at that time I remember him being on the radio constantly.  I guess there were alot of Manilow fans since five of his albums were on the best selling charts simultaneously in 1978, I think I might still have one of his albums. I am sure I must have danced to some of his music at Prom or surely at the Valentines dance at school.


Well that was him then and this is him now. I recently was out with a friend who had told me she would really love to see Barry Manilow if I was ever able to get tickets via my House Seats membership.
I was able to get tickets for last Saturday night and followed up on that promise. We had really great seats ... 5th row center to be exact. I was surprised at the sold out show and the participation of the audience. I really wasn't expecting much but the show was to my surprise really pretty good. Of course he did all the popular tunes but also threw in some new ones from a new CD he just released called 15 minutes. What I really liked about the show is how generous he was with his personal life, he even played a crackly recording of him singing when he was 4 years old.
His stage was beautiful and at times it was down right elegant.
I wouldn't have considered seeing this show if my friends Nancy and Julie hadn't told me that it was a good show to see even if you were never a Manilow fan. So ....go see it if you get a chance it was a fun evening will remind you of younger days.

3 comments:

  1. I saw Barry several years ago and thoroughly enjoyed him - he was so popular when I was married, but who cares and I would love to see him again! My favorite is Josh Groban and next is Barry Manilow to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times! Thanks for inviting me and hope I didn't get on your nerves with shouting out the titles as soon as Barry started singing his songs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen... Mom really liked him too, but then again, her favorite song was "Lady in Red" by Chris DeBurgh!
    (You are dating yourself there, just a bit)

    ReplyDelete