Sunday, July 24, 2011

Girls night(s) out

Friday Night Out:

The other day I suggested to one of the girls that we needed to go out together since I hadn't been out with the "posse" (Jackie, Tanya, Erin, myself and Charlie our honorary member) since Jackie's birthday in March and that's a long time for us. So she picked up ticket to go to the Hilton for Friday night to see this amazing 10 year old  kid Ethan Bortnick. He is a great little piano player, playing everything from Mozart to Billy Joel and all things in between.
Not our typical "girls night out" but was fun just the same - I always have fun when the posse is together.

Saturday Night out:
So from one extreme to the other ...Last night posse number 2; me, Ronna, Ardith and Sally went back to the Paris hotel to see 75 year old Engelbet Humperdinck. I was expecting him to open his show with one of his old standards ...Please release me or After the lovin' but what a surprise when he opened the show with a Santana song..Smooth. He did sing his old stuff most of which Ronna and I would look over at each other and shrug or shoulders to indicate we had never heard the song before but Ardith and Sally knew nearly all of them. You really just can't go wrong seeing a show at the Paris Hotel, I think I have seen 3 or 4 shows there now and they all have  really been top notch shows. Great weekend with great friends, those of you who live in Las Vegas should be taking advantage of our wealth of entertainment here and those who do not live here ...Viva Las Vegas.

3 comments:

  1. Are you the Sheriff of your possee #2, too, Boss? He looks pretty good - did he in real life, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Engelbert so many years ago and he was good then 'cause he was very popular and that's when we got comps - how lucky we were!

    I am sure that little fellow was very fantastic and that's wonderful!

    So, Charlie is you girls Pimp, isn't he lucky!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Viva Las Vegas! I enjoyed the show although I only knew 2 of the songs he sang. Always fun to see live an entertainer from the past. I wonder what you can get for a $500 ticket???

    ReplyDelete