Friday, October 19, 2012

Tuachan Trip

Yes it that time again when the weather starts to cool off and the evenings are beautiful at Tuachan.
Last weekend was our annual trip to St. George Utah to take in a relaxing weekend and 2 plays at the Tuachan theater.
Friday night we went to see Aladdin, the one play I was sure I wouldn't like since I have never been a fan of cartoons or animated movies. When we first walked in they handed us 3D glasses and we made our way to our seats, the show started and as with all the productions at Tuachan the sets and costumes were beautiful. A little bit into the play the performers worked it into the dialog of the play as not to disrupt the show, the audience was instructed to put the glasses on. The 3D effects of the play was fabulous, I have never seen a live performance done in 3D. I totally enjoyed the performance even if we sat in the off and on rain.
Saturday night we drove back to Tuachan to see Hairspray. I had seen the movie and really thought this would be the one of the two I would enjoy more but to my surprise I found it a little on the boring side and much too long. Maybe I was expecting too much especially after all the special effect of Aladdin the night before. In any case the weekend was fun and relaxing, a perfect weekend getaway. I know I say this every year I return home but ...If you haven't ever been to St. George or Tuachan you must go, you will fall in love with it.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend - did you REALLY drive all the way back and forth from here to there for the two days?

    I'm surprised Hairspray was the worst play - I would have thought that would have been the better of the two. Happy Saturday, Boss!

    ReplyDelete