Monday, September 26, 2011

Portland Here I come

Voodoo Doughnuts Pictures, Images and Photos
I guess this is what helps to keep Portland Weird
My trip to Portland is finally here and how much fun was it to have my friends Ardith and Sally travel with me? My trip was all about visiting my family and going to Art and Soul of course. Ardith and Sally were just flying up for the day to have dinner with a dear friend of Sally's.
Ardith had heard about a Portland local donut joint that apparently she saw on the Food Network and it was one of the things she wanted to see while she was in Portland.  So we arrive at the airport with my sister waiting to pick us up and take us to do the Voodoo Doughnut experience. Ardith and my sister got the famous Bacon and Maple bar donut that makes this place so famous that everyone raves about and Sally and I went the safe route and got the old standard buttermilk and old fashion doughnuts .... can you say yummy?

Now that we were sufficiently hyped up on sugar we were off to the Osmi Museum, I have been wanting to see the IMAX movie "Tornado Alley" for the longest time and it just so happened that it was playing in Portland - the movie was good but not great, Greg and I watch the TV show Storm Chasers, the film maker that made the movie was part of that show. After the show we dropped Ardith and Sally off in the downtown area so they could have a few hours to explore Portland before their dinner and flight home that night. Thanks ladies for a fun day together!

4 comments:

  1. I saw that place on diners dives and driveins...I would have got the voodoo doll..I love jelly doughnuts..But you should have had the lemon crueller!! You love lemon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, you lead a whole secret life that you don't let us "in on", at all, don't you?! Secret, covert plane flights with people, when we thought you were going alone...eating donuts with secret friends when we can't get you to eat bad, at all, with us! What's the world coming to? HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY WAS WONDERFUL, BOSS!!!! When do you start Art and Soul classes?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK..........BOSS!!! I just went and read that Voodoo Donut Menu - if you were going to have a donut, why the HELL didn't you go for something out of this world??!! I would have had the Voodoo Doll, too! When in Rome, woman...when in Rome!

    You're always tell us you were wild in your younger years...WHAT HAPPENED, "Safe Sarah"! I'm not buying that you were EVER wild...how could you NOT have had that voodoo doll! If you were going to blow a diet, THAT was the way to go! I am SO disappointed! Tsk tsk! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of Voodoo Doughnut. Sounds like a doughnut heaven. Glad you were able to meet up with Ardith and Sally. Those ladies are something else. Fun times for you ladies!

    ReplyDelete