Saturday, September 10, 2011

Not your mamma's pressure cooker

Okay so you know I love the kitchen gadgets and that will probably never change so deal with it! Remember the old pressure cookers that we used to have because our mother's had them? the scary ones that rattled on the stove top and you just watched and waited for it to blow up? The food always did taste better in pressure cookers and you can't beat the efficiency of them. Well there's a new toy in town and it is the new and improved electric pressure cooker. I bought this Wolfgang Puck pressure cooker a few weeks ago and have cooker a few things in it now and really love it. The other day I cooked artichokes in 15 min. and they were fantastic! Before that I tried the recipe that lured me into buying this in the first place. I took a frozen ...I mean frozen package of ground turkey out of the freezer and added organic pasta sauce, organic chicken broth and a box of dry uncooked pasta and threw it in the pressure cooker, closed the lid, pressed the button that says meat and 20 min. later I had a yummy, healthy meal...wow now that's my idea of cooking. Just think of a slow cooker but in reverse, love it - gotta get yourself one, it will save you time and calories.

4 comments:

  1. I love artichokes..please share your recipe and how you eat them...we would steam then dip the leaves in mayo....what is your secret?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always liked the "danger factor" in the old style, but that's just the kinda guy I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear girlfriend, you need to be on t.v. promoting all those gadgets; you could sell ice cubes to an eskimo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my kind of cooking too. I have to look at getting one. Simple and easy for me for cooking stuff. I heard there is a cookbook for this gadget.

    ReplyDelete