Monday, September 29, 2014

The Big 60

Well ...it happened, I turned the big 60 on Sept. 25th. What did I do for my birthday you ask? The very first thing I did was treat myself to a shingle shot. My father had shingles for a good many years until the end of his life and my 2 sisters have also had shingles in the past few years. I also have know several people who have gone through the pain of shingles and I had decided as soon as I grew up I was getting that shot. Did you know that one in 2 people will eventually get shingles? My gift to myself this year is to do whatever I can to stay healthy.
After that experience my birthday was in full swing, I had a really nice breakfast with some of the girls at the Omelet House and then off to the Apple Store pick up my new IPhone 6 and later in the day Memphis BBQ with my husband and then the next day Greg and I were off to Lake Mohave for a wonderfully relaxing 3 nights at the lake...Beautiful weather, room right on the lake and our own private beach ....who could ask for more? Thanks to EVERYONE for the all the wonderful cards, phone calls, emails, texts and gifts and helping me celebrate my big day. Hey...being 60 really ain't all that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment