Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Art and Elegance

I just got back from a quick 4 day trip to Portland Oregon for some sister time and Art and Elegance. This is a large show at the Portland Convention Center where all the local artists and all the different Art Guilds come together. It is free to the public and there are all sorts of different types of art to see and buy.
We had our booth in the Bead Society Guild, my sister has a gift for making the most beautiful displays which really set our booth apart from all the others.
Long long days but good people watching, Portland has this saying "Help keep Portland Weird"
If you have ever been there you would understand why!
The last day we were there I saw this sign that said "Demos" when I looked at the table I saw a purple Hydraulic Press and just knew .....it was a girl who's blog I follow. She was so nice to walk me through the Hydraulic Press process and let me make a bracelet, thanks Mellisa. I just bought a book on Hydraulic Presses about a month ago to study up on them to see if I really need to spend the money for one ...after this weekend I think the answer is YES!
We had 3 tables full of beautiful displays to show off our jewelry
We had a good mix of jewelry between the two of us.


Long days, don't think I could do this with any one but my sister, thanks Dennie

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had some great sister time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the displays and everything looks gorgeous!

    Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Hope u guys did well! Love your displays.

    ReplyDelete