Thursday, May 26, 2011

Black Rose

                                        


Black Rose 

Aeonium arboreum 'Zwartkop'





Last week while on vacation I stayed a few days at my daughters house in Costa Mesa, when we drove up to her place she had the most beautiful plants all around her place. I asked her fiance' what they were and he didn't know but said someone had given him 1 small plant a few years ago and from that one plant it just went crazy and now they have about 8 of these. I loved them so much that by the next morning when I woke up Johnathan had made me a small little plant to bring home. That morning I had my daughter take me to the nursery to ask about it and they told me it was call "The Black Rose". It is a succulent and takes full sun and gets about 4-5 feet tall. Thanks Johnathan this will be great for our desert weather, I can't wait for it to get big.

2 comments:

  1. They are so unique looking! Will look very cool at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Just a few days ago I bought a book called The Black Rose at an Antique store!

    ReplyDelete